Programming Innovation: Get Customer Reviews Through Text Messaging
The GoLocalReviews.com Text Review App
(Demo video at the bottom of this article)
With an ever-increasing number of savvy consumers searching the internet for local products and services, the impact of reviews on a local business’s continued success is becoming more and more apparent. Because of this, City Ranked Media developed the GoLocalReviews.com App (patent pending.)
For local small businesses that need to keep a step ahead of the competition, taking advantage of this consumer review system (especially Google reviews) is now a necessary part of an overall SEO marketing strategy.
Why Online Reviews Are So Important
It is no longer just the occasional few consumers searching for business reviews online. In fact, nearly 9 out of 10 consumers have read online reviews to determine the quality of a local business. This increasing consumer reliance on reviews is also evidenced by the fact that in 2016, 92% of consumers read online reviews, compared to 88% in 2014.
Reviews Impact Your Bottom Line
Consider these statistics from BrightLocal.com’s 2015 Local Consumer Review Study:
- Star rating is the #1 factor used by consumers to judge a business
- 40% of consumers form an opinion by reading just 1-3 reviews
- 68% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a business more
- 51% will select a local business if it has positive reviews
- 23% will visit a business in person if it has positive reviews
Additionally, studies show that customers are likely to spend 31% more on a business with excellent reviews, and a one-star increase on Yelp leads to a 5 to 9% increase in a business’s revenue.
These statistics clearly indicate that digital word of mouth is on the rise and is likely to continue to have a significant impact on local businesses.
How The GoLocalReviews.com App Can Help You Get Reviews
City Ranked Media developed a text messaging app to help our clients get trusted reviews on places like Google, Facebook, Yelp, and their own website. This easy-to-use app works from any web-connected device and sends an invitation to a business’s customer via text message.
How The Review App Works?
- Upon successful completion of a job or service, the City Ranked Media client opens the app on their smart phone, or on a hidden page on their website.
- Client asks their customer if they would care to leave a review about the services they received, then client enters the customer’s first name and cell phone number into the app.
- The app automatically sends a personalized text message to the customer thanking them for their business, along with an invitation to click a link to leave a review of the services they received.
- Once the customer clicks the link, it asks them if they use Gmail or Google Apps, if the answer is “Yes”, the app redirects the customer to a pre-filled 5 Star Review for the City Ranked Media client’s Google My Business Page.
- If the answer is “No,” the customer doesn’t use Gmail, or Google Apps, the App opens the same interface for Yelp or Facebook, completing the same process to leave a review.
- If the customer doesn’t use Gmail, Google Apps, Yelp, or Facebook, the final option presented is to ask the customer to leave a review on the client’s website.
We’ve Tested the App – It Works to Get Reviews
City Ranked Media enlisted some of our largest customers to beta test the review app, leading to outstanding results.
- Top client achieved more than 20 new reviews in less than 60 days.
- Interactions on Google My Business and Yelp increased for clients that actively requested new reviews.
- Clients that participated in the beta testing and actively used and attained business reviews saw an increase in Google My Business Searches, Views and Actions.
- Clients that actively solicited and obtained reviews through Yelp saw big increases in ranking positions. One client hit #1 organic for their main category, and another hit #2 for their main category.
Demo Video of the GoLocalReviews.com app
** Special thanks to all the hard work from the following City Ranked Media employees that made this project possible: Josh Brown – Project Manager & Programming, Erika Sarraco – Programming, Chris Kramer – Graphics